226. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an interesting song
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 226 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Song description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe an interesting song“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-April 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 226
Describe an interesting song.
You should say:
- – What the song is?
- – What story the song tells? / What it is about?
- – Whether the song is popular?
- – And explain why you think it is interesting?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I love music and I love listening to Hindi and Punjabi songs.
• Most of these songs are very meaningful.
• Here I would like to talk about a Punjabi song by a famous Punjabi singer GurdasMaan, which I find very interesting.
• The name of the song is Boot Polishan.
• It is from his album Boot Polishan
• It was released in 2008.
• The song gives the message that work is worship.
• Instead of begging for money a person should work and earn.
• It does not matter if the work is big or small such as polishing shoes of people.
• If a person works and earns, he can always hold his head high.
• I heard this song about two years ago and since then it has become my favourite song.
• Actually Gurdas Mann is my favourite singer.
• He is a multifaceted personality.
• He is a singer, actor, director and a lyricist as well.
• He writes the lyrics of his songs himself.
• He has also acted in many Punjabi movies.
• All my family members also love his songs.
• When we go out anywhere together we play his songs in the car.
• All his songs have good messages.
• He even performs in stage shows.
• He always has his tambourine in his hands when he performs.
• There is a village near my hometown where he comes every year and performs for charity.
• I went there last year.
• It was an electrifying experience.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe an interesting song”
1. Why are many music competitions popular in India?
2. What kinds of music do young people like?
3. What kinds of people like traditional music?
4. What are the differences between live concert and online concert?
5. Do teenagers and adults enjoy the same kind of songs?
It depends on the personal taste. Generally speaking, teenagers like songs with fast beats and adults like songs with good lyrics and soft music.
6. What are the factors, which make people like a song?
A song should have good lyrics, a good composition, a pleasing voice and a good video to be liked by people.
7. On which occasions do people in your country sing together?
In my country, people sing together on birthday parties, marriages, anniversaries and national holidays like the Independence Day and so on.
8. Which kinds of songs are suitable for children? Why?
I think folk songs are very suitable for children because they keep children connected to their culture and tradition.
As it is, today’s children are following the global culture and so, they need to be kept in touch with our traditional culture. Folk songs are a good way to connect with our culture.
9. What do old people like to listen to?
Old people like to listen to religious songs, old film songs, and songs with slow beats.
10. How would your grandfather feel if you gave him some hip hop music to listen to?
I don’t think he will like it. He loves old Hindi film songs.
11. Why do you think old people like old songs?
I think it is so because they feel connected to that time. Such songs bring back nostalgic memories of the past.
12. Why do you think people of different age groups have different favourite songs?
This is because tastes change with age. At a younger age we like faster beat songs. When we grow older, we start liking slow songs, meaningfulordevotional songs.
13. What kinds of music do (small) children in India like to listen to?
Small children like to listen to songs with fast beats on which they can dance, even if they don’t understand the lyrics.
14. What are the differences between popular music and the music that (young) children like to listen to?
I don’t think there is any difference. Children like the popular music.
15. Why do some people like to play music (= play a musical instrument} in the open?
They do also perhaps because they want to share their art with the people outside, or they want to play music in natural surroundings.
Cue Card sample 225
Cue Card sample 227
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a person who has apologized to youJanuary 9, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a goal you achieved, which was set by yourselfJanuary 7, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe an important journey that was delayedJanuary 6, 2020
Expected Cue Cards for Jan-Apr 2020 – Makkar IELTS SpeakingJanuary 6, 2020
Share this Post