159. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an old friend you got in contact with again
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 159 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Old friend description” topic and asking you to “Describe an old friend you got in contact with again“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 159
Describe an old friend you got in contact with again.
You should say:
- – Who he or she is?
- – What he or she is like?
- – How you got in contact?
- – And explain how you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Due to fast-paced life of today, it is very easy to lose contact with friends.
• I have also lost contact with many of school time friends.
• It happened inadvertently.
• Some of my friends got busy with jobs, some shifted to another city and some just got busy with family life.
• However, during this Corona pandemic, life slowed down.
• I was home all the time and this also meant that I spent more time on social media
• So, two or three months ago, I got a friend request from one of my school-time friends,
• He had shifted to Canada when we were in 8th standard.
• For the first two three months, we tried to keep contact but eventually we all got busy with studies.
• So, it was a pleasant surprise to receive his friend request.
• Navneet was one of my best friends in school.
• I don’t use these words for anyone, but he was in real sense ‘a jack of all trades ’.
• He was good in academics and sports as well.
• When we were in school, he was the captain of the football team.
• In studies, he was always among the top four five students.
• Despite all this, he was very modest and still he is very modest.
• He never tried to show that he was superior to others.
• It was so fun talking to him.
• It felt like I had travelled back in time.
• We reminisced about our school days and both of us became a bit nostalgic.
• I think it was a bittersweet feeling getting in touch with him after so long.
• On the one hand, we both felt a bit guilty about losing touch.
• On the other hand, we were also very happy to talk to each other after so long.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe an old friend you got in contact with again”
1. What is the influence of social media on friendships?
I think social media has definitely enabled us to maintain friendships better.
We all know our friends are just a click away.
At the same time it has all reduced face to face contact, and I think that has weakened the bonds of friendships.
2. Why do people lose contact with each other after graduation?
I think the main reason is that we get busy with jobs.
Moreover, sometimes people move to another city for a job. We don’t see our friends daily and we come in contact with new people.
Building new friendships consumes time and thus inadvertently people lose touch with friends.
3. Do people in your country like to make new friends?
Definitely, I think Indians in essence are very social. We love conversation, meeting new people.
Every time, I travel, I come back with new contact in my phone.
4. Do you think old friends are more important to the old generation or the young generation?
I think old friends are important to both new and old generation.
I think talking with childhood friends takes people back to childhood days in some sense and most people miss that time – a time free of tensions and worries.
Cue Card sample 158
Cue Card sample 160
Related Cue Cards:
Describe a school you went to in your childhood Cue CardJanuary 18, 2020
Describe a place where you read and write, apart from your home 2020January 18, 2020
Describe a time when you were excited IELTS Cue Card 2020January 18, 2020
Describe an occasion when you lost something and then got it back 2020January 18, 2020
Share this Post