185. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time in
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 185 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “City description” topic and asking you to “Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time in“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 185
Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time in.
You should say:
- – where it is?
- – what it is like?
- – what do you do there?
- – and explain why you enjoy spending time there?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I love the mountains, in fact, I like the mountains more than the beaches.
• Shimla is a beautiful hill station and it is not very far away from my hometown.
• Shimla has lots to offer, it is modern because it has all the facilities of the contemporary world. The hotels here are very well equipped to suit the temperature.
• On the other hand, it has the charm of an old town because it has some ancient structures and old buildings.
• The Mall Road of Shimla has its own charm. It is a place where I can sit for hours and watch people merrymaking or going to work.
• Whenever I am in Shimla I visit the ‘ Honey Hut ‘which is a cafe where I enjoy a warm cup of honey and ginger tea and relax.
• I can never get bored there because it is a town where I can see honeymooning couples dressed as if they are going to attend another wedding party.
• It is also fun to watch children playing with snowballs, eating ice cream sitting on snow.
• Many shops sell colorful wooden souvenirs which are very inexpensive.
• There is also a theatre on the Mall Road which is known as the Gaiety Theatre. Very famous personalities from the theatre world come and perform here live.
• In case one gets bored with the human population on the Mall Road one can just watch the primitive form of humans that is the monkeys.
• They are jumping around everywhere. Shimla is also known for monkeys that snatch away tourist’s popcorns. They keep walking or stalking you and take away the spectacles or a cap so swiftly that you may not even realize it.
• So, whenever I get a few days off I like to go to Shimla and spend some time there.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a part of a city or a town you enjoy spending time in”
1. How do public places change in towns or cities?
Public places change in towns or cities because of the public demand. With the changing times, the new generations want new and modernized facilities.
The administration sometimes makes changes to public places like bus stops with the help of technology, for example, automatic ticket counters.
There are also some NGOs or big companies that provide amenities at public spaces for the disabled or for the old age people so public places do change with time. At the same time, public places in towns and cities also deteriorate with time.
There are many people who spoil the public property they damage the chairs, they break the Gates.
This kind of vandalism is prevalent when the public property is not well guarded
2. What public places do old people usually go?
The senior citizens visit public places like parks and Gardens.
With longevity and good medical treatment the senior citizens nowadays are active so they also enjoy in the markets.
They like to window shop or go to cafes. Drama and theatre is another passion that is Catching up with the older generation here they can enjoy and watch plays and live programs at and economical cost.
3. Why do young people like to go to public places?
Young people like to go to public places because they enjoy outdoor activities. At the same time,
most of the public places are pocket-friendly as compared to expensive dining out or watching a movie.
Another reason for the popularity of public places among the younger generation could be that here they can have small gatherings and also watch other people of the same generation.
4. Will more people move to cities in the future?
There is certainly a demographic shift from the villages to the cities and we will see this trend in the future as well.
I think cities offer more amenities in terms of education, healthcare as well as entertainment so people will continue to migrate from the villages to the cities to enjoy all these
Cue Card sample 184
Cue Card sample 186
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post