149. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a person who you think is very open
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 149 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Tradition description” topic and asking you to “Describe a person who you think is very open“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 149
Describe a person who you think is very open.
You should say:
- – Who this person is
- – How you know this person
- – Why do you think this person is very open
- – And explain how you feel about this person
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I think very few people today are open and frank.
• I myself am not very open and I don’t find it easy to express my feelings.
• But I really think that my mother is a very open person.
• I have experienced her straightforward nature many times.
• She doesn’t hide her thoughts and feelings. She openly expresses them.
• For example, I recently made a cake.
• She found it too sweet and when I asked for her opinion, she clearly said she didn’t like it.
• And she isn’t like that with us family members only, but others also.
• She speaks her mind.
• Sometimes people get offended due to this too.
• But as people get to know her, they understand that she is just being straight forward and her intention is to help and not to insult.
• Over the years, I have found that more and more people appreciate her for straightforwardness rather than take offense.
• Her straightforward and direct nature is also a reason, many of our relatives and neighbours come and share their worries with her.
• They know she will speak her mind.
• I think it requires a lot of courage for a person to be open and direct.
• I care too much about other people’s feelings and as a result sometimes I lie or make promises I can’t keep.
• My mother never does that, and I think she is really brave deep-down.
• She is very secure about herself and she is not afraid to show her true self to people.
• I really wish I could be more open like that.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a person who you think is very open”
1. Is it difficult for Indian people to express their feelings?
Yes, I think Indian people are very polite and considerate and because of that most people don’t express their feelings easily in public.
Also, I think a lot of us care about our image more than our mental peace and so we hide our feelings.
2. Who do you think talk more? Children or grown-ups?
Definitely children, and there are two reasons for it.
First, they are curious because of their age and this curiosity only gets satisfied by asking questions.
Second, they are not afraid to speak their mind because they don’t care about appearing rude or hurting others by their words.
Adults also ignore children’s words because of their age.
3. What do you think is the difference between boys and girls in expressing their feelings?
I think girls are generally more open in expressing their feelings.
Boys think they might appear weak, if they show their feelings and as a result, they try to hide them. This carries on to adult life too.
That is why I think women complain about their husbands not opening up.
4. Do you think people are more open than in the past?
On the contrary, I think people are less open. I think people today are more worried about their image and thus they try to present themselves as a perfect person.
But this in turn means they hide their true feelings.
Also, I think people today lay more emphasis on
politeness and thus they don’t speak up if they feel something is wrong.
5. Why do you think people are less open?
Answered in the last question.
Cue Card sample 148
Cue Card sample 150
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe Local News People Interested InNovember 13, 2019
Describe the first time you used a foreign language to communicateNovember 13, 2019
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a television program that makes you laughNovember 13, 2019
IELTS Cue Card: Describe An Older Person Who You AdmireNovember 13, 2019
Share this Post