246. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a competition you would like to take part in
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 246 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2022 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Competition description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a competition you would like to take part in“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-August 2022 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 246
Describe a competition you would like to take part in.
You should say:
- – What kind of competition it is?
- – What would you do in this competition?
- – Why does this competition interest you?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• When I was in school, I participated in many competitions.
• Once I participated in a science fair. I was part of a team.
• Here, I would like to talk about a competition, I would like to take part in.
• It is a painting competition.
• Every year there is an environment fair held in my home town
• The Rotary Club organises this in the month of December.
• Many competitions are organised, such as mono-acting competition, poetry recitation, flower arrangement, salad decoration, painting and so on.
• Individuals can participate, and even schools can send their students.
• My friend participated in flower arrangement competition last year and won the 1st prize.
• The prize was a small trophy and a book ‘The Wings Of Fire’ by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
• I am very food at drawing and painting
• So, I would love to compete in painting competition and try to do my best and win a prize.
• The theme of the painting is announced at the spot only.
• The brushes and paints have to be carried with you, but the drawing sheets are provided by the organisers
• I have made many paintings with poster colours and gifted them to my friends and relatives.
• Everyone in my circle knows that I love drawing and painting.
• I am waiting for the fair this year, so that I can participate and try my luck at winning a prize.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a competition you would like to take part in IELTS Game”
1. What kinds of people are competitive?
I think in their hearts, all people like to compete and see where they stand among others.
But, some people are confident and want to compete more often. Some people are not so sure, but are pushed into competitions by their parents or teachers.
The fear of losing takes away the competition spirit from many. Many people realise their potential only after competing.
2. What kind of activities/competitions people like to take part in?
People like to compete in singing, dancing, painting, sports, quizzes and many more types of competitions.
It really depends upon people’s interest. For example, people who are into physical fitness like to try for marathons, weight lifting or other sports competitions.
3. What kinds of competitions are popular in your hometown?
Many competitions are popular in my hometown. There is annual environmental festival and during these two days there are competitions on various activities like weight lifting, dance, painting, drawing, science presentation, essay writing competition, debates and so on.
Then dog shows and competitions are also very common in my hometown.
4. Why do you think there are many competition programs on TV today?
Firstly, people like to watch competition programs and most of these shows have very high TRP ratings.
Secondly, these shows are cheaper to produce and more profitable as producers make
money from text messaging and calling besides advertisements.
They don’t need much planning or scripts like other shows and they have greater chances of success as well.
See More: Cambridge IELTS 17
Cue Card sample 245
Cue Card sample 247
Share this Post