203. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe the time when you had to sing a song or a poem in front of public
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 203 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Time description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe the time when you had to sing a song or a poem in front of public“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 203
Describe the time when you had to sing a song or a poem in front of public.
You should say:
- – Where were you?
- – What did you sing?
- – How did you feel?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I grew up in a small town and in a close knit family so every afternoon we would sit together Sing songs or play some board games.
• My cousins who were elder to me taught me so many songs and so many rhymes because I could learn them by heart very fast
• They had nicknamed me a parrot. I remember once in my city there was a program for children if I am not wrong I think it was the Independence Day.
• My elder brother gave my name as a participant to sing a patriotic song on the stage.
• On the dat of the ceremony after the flag hoisting there was a group song then my name was announced.
• I had butterflies in my stomach and my legs were shivering
• I remembered my mother’s advise, not look at anyone directly in the eyes otherwise you will get confused. I looked straight over the heads of the crowd as if they were not there.
• Soon I started singing the patriotic song ‘Sare Jahan Se Achcha’. as I started singing this song I forgot about the time all the audience. I really started enjoying the moment.
• Only thing that I remember after that was there was a roll of clapping and I got a big box full of chocolates as a prize.
• I think after this day I got over my fear of stage at a very early age. This little incident also helped me to participate in debates later in my life
Another Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Everyone loves singing and humming songs in their daily life but when it comes to performing in front of public, it definitely gives goose bumps.
• I have come across many occasions in my life when I have got a chance to talk in front of public but today, I would like to talk about one incident when I had to sing in school.
• I vividly remember that I was in 1st standard when I had to sing a song in front of all the students.
• It was December and as Christmas festival was approaching our school had decided to organise an event for Christmas celebration.
• So, every student was allotted different set of tasks including decorations and performances.
• Me and some of my friends had to prepare carols and perform it on the music played by other students. Well, memorizing carols was an easy task for me but I found singing difficult.
• Being an introvert person by nature, I was very hesitant in the beginning.
• It made me quite nervous as I had never performed in front of lot of people.
• But my parents and teachers encouraged me to practice and be confident.
• At last, the day came, my name was announced and I stood on the stage with a mic in my hand. I could see smiling face of my parents who were sitting in the front row and my friends shouting my name.
• I felt good, took a deep breath and started singing. Within few minutes I was done with my performance and the everyone was clapping for me.
• I was so happy to be able to perform well that day and I thank my parents, friend and teachers who helped me to overcome my stage fear and boost my confidence.
• That is indeed one memorable experience for me and I feel nostalgic every time I think about it.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe the time when you had to sing a song or a poem in front of public”
1. Do teenagers and adults enjoy the same kind of songs?
It depends on the personal taste. Generally speaking, teenagers like songs with fast beats and adults like songs with good lyrics and soft music.
2. What are the factors that make people like a song?
A song should have good lyrics, a good composition, a pleasing voice and a good video to be liked by people.
3. On which occasions do people in your country sing together?
In my country, people sing together on birthday parties, marriages, anniversaries and national holidays like the Independence Day and so on.
4. Which kinds of songs are suitable for children? Why?
I think folk songs are very suitable for children because they keep children connected to their culture and traditions.
As it is, today’s children are following the global culture and so, they need to be kept in touch with the traditional culture. Folk songs are a good way to connect with our culture.
5. Do you often (like to) sing?
Yes, I like to sing, but as my singing abilities are not pretty good so I sing only in the bathroom or when I am alone.
Cue Card sample 202
Cue Card sample 204
Related Cue Cards:
 Talk about a celebration organized after an achievementJanuary 20, 2020
 Describe a product made in the region you come from cue cardJanuary 20, 2020
Describe an experience when you were with people and got boredJanuary 20, 2020
 Describe a Leisure activity that you do with your familyJanuary 20, 2020
Share this Post