49. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a good friend
In this article, ielts game will add number 49 IELTS cue card 2020 sample on the series of IELTS cue card sample with band 9.0 model answers with follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Person description” topic and asking you to “Describe a good friend.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
Share this Post
Describe a good friend.
You should say:
- – When and how you met
- – What kind of personality he/she has
- – What makes you like him/her.
Band 9.0 Sample Answer.
I would like to describe my best friend, Huong, whom I have known for roughly 10 years.
I first met her at primary school when she was my classmate.
At first, she was quite shy and did not want to talk with anyone, which made me feel that she was a bit proud.
However, when we became close friends, she was more sociable and amiable. We have done a lot of things together.
Studying at the same schools, we have various mutual friends.
So, we usually throw parties at the weekends or have a picnic together.
Besides, whenever I get into trouble, I turn to her for help.
For example, I remember when I got bad marks in the mock university entrance exam, she consoled me and then we studied together until the official exam took place.
Finally, we had the opportunity to study at our favorite college.
At present, despite the fact that we have different plans and goals to pursue, I believe that we will be best friends for good and we will try our best to maintain this relationship.
USEFUL VOCABULARY & EXPRESSIONS.
Here are some useful vocabulary and expressions you can use to describe a good friend IELTS Cue Card.
roughly: [adverb] approximately, but not exactly.
- Example: In the exam, I wrote roughly 300 words for my essay.
close friends: [expression] friends who know each other very well and like each other a lot.
- Example: Close friends usually share the same interests and have no secrets from each other.
amiable: [adjective] pleasant and easy to like
- Example: Our form teacher is very amiable and we all enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in her classes.
mutual friends: [expression] friends which are shared by two or more people.
- Example: Although we had not met before, when we started chatting, we discovered that we had some mutual friends.
throw parties: [expression] give parties.
- Example: Some Hollywood film stars throw parties which hundreds of people attend.
consoled: [verb] gave sympathy to someone who is unhappy.
- Example: After the team lost the match, the coach consoled the players and told them that they had played well.
for good: [expression] permanently
- Example: I decided to leave New York for good and move to Europe.
try our best: do as much as possible to achieve something
- Example: Although we tried our best, we failed the exam.
Cue Card 48
Cue Card 50
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post