133. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an unpleasant job you did
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 133 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Job description” topic and asking you to “Describe an unpleasant job you did“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 133
Describe an unpleasant job you did.
You should say:
- – What was the job?
- – When you did it?
- – Why did you find it unpleasant?
- – How you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I believe there are many reasons why one is forced to do an unpleasant job.
• One is money and experience and the other is family.
• Today, the job I am going to talk is working as a part-time assistant to a bank employee.
• It was something, I did for money and experience.
• During my summer holidays, during my senior secondary school, I got an opportunity to work as a part-timer in a bank.
• My school arranged such jobs for all the interested students.
• I was going to start college next year and it would have helped me bear some of the college fees and also get some valuable experience.
• I was really interested in economics, so I was really happy about it too.
• However, my experience was quite unpleasant and humiliating.
• I was assigned to a bank manager and I was to work under him.
• But he was very busy and thought I would learn more if I worked under a bank clerk.
• So, he assigned me to one of the senior clerks, Mr. Mohit.
• Mr. Mohit, rather than teaching me something, saw me as a burden.
• For the first few days, he just made me sit near him doing nothing.
• He never taught me anything nor explained anything he was doing.
• When I asked him something, he just said he’s busy and not to disturb him.
• After a few days, I complained to him and told him that I really wanted to learn something and not waste his time.
• Then, he started to assign me tasks like making tea, cleaning the toilets or sweeping the area.
• I felt humiliated to do such menial tasks, but my parent told me that he is testing me.
• If I pass his test and show my dedication, he would teach me the banking work later.
• I did this for a whole month, but still he never called me to learn about economics and banking.
• I would have left it in the middle, but the bank was paying me a good salary and I really needed it for college days.
• It also made me tough in a sense.
• I learnt that tasks like cleaning the toilets, sweeping, making tea and coffee are not menial.
• I also believe that in a way it had prepared on how to live alone while in college.
• The experience was unpleasant but still I believe that such experiences are invaluable to grow in life.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe an unpleasant job you did”
1. How modern technologies influence people?
Modern technologies influence people in many ways. First of all they make things easier and save a lot of people’s time.
For example, accounting software can make people do far more in a day then they could earlier and also there is no chance of human error.
2. Do people now work less than in the past because of technological progress?
No, people do not work less than in the past because of technological progress. In fact, people have started working much more than in the past.
Their expectations from themselves have grown and they have become workaholics.
3. Will people work less in the future?
I don’t think so. People will not work less in the future.
The desires of people are increasing day by day and to fulfill those desires they’ll keep working more and more.
Contentment is not in human nature and people have become workaholics to satiate their desires.
I don’t see people working less in the near future.
4. What makes people successful?
Hard work combined with luck makes people successful.
A few people are lucky to get success without doing hard work, but most of the time it is hard work coupled with success which makes people reach the pinnacles of their career.
5. Do successful people have different abilities?
Definitely successful people have special abilities. They work hard and utilise their abilities productively to get success. IELTS Game
Many people have such abilities, but either they don’t work hard or they don’t use their abilities in the right way, and that is why they cannot become successful.
6. Are the genetics of successful people different?
Those who achieve success because of their talent such as singing or dancing do have some of the skills passed on to them in their genes.
However, it is not always the genes which make people successful, it is the hard work and dedication towards their work which leads them to success.
7. How innovations influence global progress?
Innovations influence global progress in many ways.
It is because of the innovations in technology that today the whole world has shrunk and people are connected to each other like never before.
The whole world is uniting hands to fight against the problems affecting people all over the world.
Cue Card sample 132
Cue Card sample 134
Related Cue Cards:
 Describe a crowded place you have visited IELTS cue cardJanuary 26, 2020
 Describe a job you would not like to do in the futureJanuary 25, 2020
 Describe a uniform you wear at school or companyJanuary 25, 2020
 Describe a situation when you helped someone cue cardJanuary 24, 2020
Share this Post