202. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time when you felt bored
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 202 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Time description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a time when you felt bored“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 202
Describe a time when you felt bored.
You should say:
- – When it was?
- – Who you were with?
- – What you were doing?
- – Why you felt bored?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• There have been many times in my life when I have felt bored but today I would like to talk about one such day which was really dull.
• It was during the summer of 2020.
• My college exams had just gotten over and I was completely free
• Since it was really hot outside, I couldn’t go out much and was getting bored sitting at home.
• Then one day one of my friends called me and told me about a new Bollywood movie that was going to release next day.
• The name of the movie was Student of the Year 2.
• I immediately saw the movie trailer on youtube and asked my friend to book the tickets.
• The movie was about a group of college students who get into a competition.
• I thought it was going to be a comedy movie and we would have a good time.
• But as soon as the movie started we started cursing our luck.
• It was one of the worst movies of the year.
• The plot of the movie was completely predictable and there was no laughter in the scenes at all.
• Even the performance of the actors was below average.
• It felt like someone was torturing us.
• As soon as the first half got over, I asked my friend that we should leave the movie and go do something else.
• Buthe thought that probably the second half of the movie would be more interesting and I listened to his advice and stayed back.
• Unfortunately the second half was even worse than the first one.
• The jokes were not funny and the script of the movie was really bad.
• Somehow I convinced my friend to leave before the movie ended.
• It was one of the most boring experiences of my life.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a time when you felt bored”
1. When do people feel bored?
Most of the time people feel bored when there is no change in their routine and they are doing the same thing over and over again. Boredom happens due to monotony in life.
Sometimes, it may also depend on an individual’s mood or if a person does not find interest in the things he/she is doing.
2. What can people do when they feel bored?
People can do a lot of things when they are bored. They can watch a good movie, listen to some nice music or go for a walk.
They can also talk to their loved one’s or may be play a game with them. Basically they should try to do something different than usual.
3. Do people get bored about daily routines?
Definitely yes, I think it is the leading cause for boredom. There are numerous examples when people get bored because of daily routines.
For instance, I cannot eat homecooked food for more than 5 days in a row, it makes me feel like that life is dull and there is no fun. Similarly, the weekend brings a nice change from the boring monotony of weekdays.
4. Is it easier for younger people to feel bored than for the old?
I believe so, it could be due to the fact that old people are more experienced and patient as compared to young one’s.
They have seen most of the things in life so they do not have high expectations, whereas the young one’s, especially today’s generation is always looking for something to feed their mind. They easily become bored if they don’t get something new.
Cue Card sample 201
Cue Card sample 203
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post