119. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe an occasion when you received incorrect information
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 119 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Time description” topic and asking you to “Describe an occasion when you received incorrect information“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 119
Describe an occasion when you received incorrect information.
You should say:
- – What was the incorrect information?
- – When did it happen?
- – Why you got it?
- – How you found out the information was incorrect?
- – How you managed the situation?
- – How you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• Sometimes, we get provided with incorrect information.
• Although such instances are rare but they do cause a lot of trouble.
• I was also given an incorrect piece of information about a College where my cousin wanted to take admission for the course of Hotel Management.
• It was last year that she was planning to take admission after her class 12 results.
• We googled all the possible colleges which offered the course and finally decided on a institute in Dehradun.
• The website had given a lot of incorrect information about the college.
• Sadly, all of it was mere claims and when we actually went there to see the college, nothing from the claims came about to be real.
• Although the hotel that ran the college was good but the actual college which we went there for was nothing but a two-room college being run in the backyard of the hotel.
• We all were shocked to see the so-called college which was shown as something big and elaborate on the website but was actually lesser than a primary village school.
• Immediately, to manage the situation, we decided to cancel our admission plans there and re-planned for my cousin’s admission.
• Later, she changed her mind and decided to pursue the course of Mass Communication.
• We got her admitted to a University near our city and she is doing very well there.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe an occasion when you received incorrect information”
1. What kind of professions are related to giving information to others?
Most professions have to give out some information, but the main professions are the media and the advertising.
People working in these sectors have to give out information all the time.
2. What is the difference between giving information by phone and email?
When information is given by mail, the person reads at his leisure, but on phone the recipient has to listen then and there.
The info on phone is generally brief, but an email can be very elaborate. Email in generally more authentic because it is a proof of the info, but a phone call can be from some fake person.
3. How can people check whether a piece of information is correct or not?
People can ask someone or check from various sources on the internet. But yes, one has to be sharp enough to make out which sites are authentic and which are not.
4. Do people trust the information online?
Yes, people trust on the information online, but only if they know about the site before hand.
Otherwise they are skeptical and try to look for more sites which are authentic. People do not blindly follow any website.
Cue Card sample 118
Cue Card sample 120
Related Cue Cards:
Describe an area of science that interests you IELTS Cue CardSeptember 20, 2020
Describe an expensive activity that you enjoy doing occasionallySeptember 17, 2020
Describe a conversation topic you were not interested in IELTS Cue CardSeptember 17, 2020
Describe a time you saw children behave badly in public IELTS Cue CardSeptember 17, 2020
Share this Post