160. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a good decision you made recently
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 160 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Decision description” topic and asking you to “Describe a good decision you made recently“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 160
Describe a good decision you made recently.
You should say:
- – What it was?
- – When you made it?
- – What the result was?
- – And explain how you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• The Corona Pandemic has slowed down life considerably.
• In fact, during the first few days after the lockdown was announced, everyone took it very seriously.
• Precautions were taken.
• However, lately, people have become a lot more complacent.
• As a family, for the past few months, we avoided going out unless it was absolutely necessary.
• We were also shopping online instead of visiting stores.
• However, last week my father decided that we will visit the wholesale store Fair Price to buy groceries.
• He believed that it would be fine if we took precautions like wearing a mask and using sanitizer after every fifteen-twenty minutes.
• But I was getting a very bad feeling about it.
• I thought the cases were increasing sharply and it was not the right time to step out.
• We could order all those online although for a slightly higher price.
• So, I convinced my dad that it was not the right time.
• I told him that we might save a few Rupees, but it was worth putting our lives at risk.
• My mother also supported me and so my dad relented.
• We made a list of things of all the things we wanted to buy and ordered them online.
• A few days later, we heard that many people had become infected after visiting Fair Price
• It was a being labelled a super-spreader by the news media.
• When we saw the news, we breathed a sigh of relief.
• My father told me that I took a wise decision.
• After the event, we have become even more cautious.
• I do believe that life must go on, but life cannot go on in the same way as before.
• We all need to take some precautions and now more than ever as the cases are increasing.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a good decision you made recently”
1. What decisions do people make every day?
I think we all make plenty of decisions everyday like what do buy, what to eat, what to watch on television and what to say to others.
Then, there are decisions people have to take related to work and so on.
2. Why do people make decisions?
People make decisions to feel in control.
Decisions give us a feeling that we are the masters of our fate. No one else can control our fate.
Decisions also give direction to our life. Every decision has a consequence and it takes our life in certain direction.
3. Can children take decisions on their own?
Yes, I think even children can take decisions on their own, but I also believe their likelihood of making a mistake is higher than others as they are worldly-wise.
Thus, parents should take decisions for children when they are young and gradually as they grow up, allow them to take decisions on their own.
4. When do people change their decision?
I think changing a decision is all about our conscience. When we get that feeling inside that we have made a mistake or we are doing the wrong thing, we try and change our decision.
And if we don’t change our decision, we always feel guilty about doing the wrong thing.
Cue Card sample 159
Cue Card sample 161
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a performance you recently watchedJanuary 17, 2020
Describe a time when you travelled by public transportationJanuary 17, 2020
Describe an important piece of news you received via text messageJanuary 17, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a situation you were not allowed to use phoneJanuary 11, 2020
Share this Post