182. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a computer or phone game you enjoy playing since your childhood
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 182 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Game description” topic and asking you to “Describe a computer or phone game you enjoy playing since your childhood“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar Jan-Apr 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 182
Describe a computer or phone game you enjoy playing since your childhood.
You should say:
- – What the game is about?
- – When you started playing it?
- – How often you play this game?
- – Why you enjoy playing it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I love playing games on computers and mobile phones.
• I think playing games is a great way to spend one’s time and it also helps in the development of the mind.
• I have 3 favorite game categories.
• One is car racing, another is sports, like football, cricket and the last is puzzle games.
• Today I would like to talk about a game called Need for Speed which has been my favorite racing game since my childhood.
• This was the first game I installed on my PC, back in the late 2000s and nowadays I play it on my Sony Playstation and sometimes on my mobile phone as well.
• It has been created by one of the leading gaming companies known as EA sports and since its first release, it became a worldwide hit.
• The game is based on a famous Hollywood movie of the same name and the story is about a cop who joins a car thieves’ gang.
• The first version of the game had blurry graphics but still, it was really amazing compared to the other games available at that time.
• Also, it was only a single player mission-based game back then, but the latest version of it includes life like graphics and multiplayer options as well.
• There are some amazing animations and 3D effects, it feels like you are actually driving a car.
• When I was little I used to play this game for hours and my parents also used to scold me a lot but now I play it once or twice a week and that too for an hour or two.
• I would like to say that the multiplayer version of the games is really addictive and it feels great to compete with your friends.
• I have reached the expert level in this game and I am easily able to beat my friends, that is the reason why I love playing this game.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a computer or phone game you enjoy playing since your childhood”
1. What is the impact of teen addiction to games?
I think there are both positive and negative impacts of video games on teenagers. The positive part is that it helps them to relax and take out the stress from their studies.
Also, to some extent, it aids in the development of creative or problem-solving skills. On the contrary, gaming is easily addictive and too much of it can be detrimental for their health and education.
Finally, the violent content in some games could promote violent behaviour amongst children.
2. Should parents or teachers take necessary action to prevent children from playing games?
I do not think that parents should stop children from playing computer games, but I believe that it is important for them to supervise the gaming habits of their children.
They should monitor the number of hours and type of games being played by the children. If the child is getting addicted to gaming then they should counsel him/her.
3. What do you think are the benefits of playing games?
Like I mentioned before, gaming helps in a lot of ways. First of all, it helps in the development of logical reasoning when children try to solve the challenges in different levels of the game.
Secondly, it promotes creativity amongst children as most of the games are based on imaginary concepts and the characters in these games are able to do things that would be otherwise impossible in the real world.
So, I think it kind of helps in developing out-of-the-box thinking.
4. Why games have been popular amongst teenagers in recent years?
I think there are multiple reasons why gaming culture has become more popular of late. The biggest reason would definitely be the easy access to free games on mobile devices.
Earlier, in order to enjoy gaming, people had to buy expensive gaming consoles and the quality of the games was also not that good.
But, nowadays majority of the teenagers have cell phones with them in which one can install multiple, high-end games for free.
Also, teenagers can do multiplayer gaming which is much more fun.
Cue Card sample 181
Cue Card sample 183
Related Cue Cards:
Share this Post