130. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a large company that you are interested in
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 130 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Company description” topic and asking you to “Describe a large company that you are interested in“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 130
Describe a large company that you are interested in.
You should say:
- – Which company is it?
- – What it is like (what kind of business it does)?
- – How you know about it?
- – How you feel about it?
- – Why you have interest in this company?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• There are many large and successful corporations in the world today like Google, Reliance, Amazon and so on.
• The company I want to work in is Tata Industries.
• Tata Industries is a large Indian origin multinational with many subsidiaries like Tata Consultancy, Tata Motors, Tata Hotels and so on.
• Actually, it even has ventures like Tata salts, Tata water purifiers.
• In India, everyone knows about it, because in every sector, they have some presence.
• Recently, it got global recognition too, after its takeover of the failing Jaguar Motors and converting it into a profitable business within a year.
• Admittedly, it is not as commercially successful as some of other multinationals, but still it is my dream company.
• There are many reasons for it.
• First of all, it is one of the few companies, which doesn’t run after money only.
• It runs my social welfare projects like Tata Hospitals, Tata Children Charity, Tata Welfare Homes and so on.
• During the coronavirus crisis, it donated the largest amount to PM cares fund in India.
• Not only that, it was the first company to announce the donation.
• The second reason is it’s work culture.
• I have an elder cousin who works in Tata Motors.
• He told me that Tata Motors is one of the few companies which doesn’t exploit their employees.
• The employees are encouraged to maintain work life balance.
• In fact, employees are strictly forbidden to work more than 48 hours in a week.
• During the coronavirus lockdown, it was one of the few companies, which paid their employees fully.
• Last but not last, it would be a matter of pride for me to work for a large Indian company.
• Unfortunately, there are very few large Indian origin multinationals.
• Over the years, Tata Industries has not only grown domestically, but also spread its roots in other parts of the world.
• Tata Industries can help me fulfil both my dreams, I can settle abroad and still work for an Indian company.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a large company that you are interested in”
1. What are the differences between a big company and a small company?
There are many differences between big and small companies.
To begin with, big companies offer bigger pay packages than small companies.
Secondly, these companies give many perks and bonuses from time to time.
These companies give benefits like health insurance and travel allowance.
Another big advantage of big companies is that it is a status symbol to work in these companies.
Furthermore, they provide opportunities to travel overseas.
Moreover, in a big company hands on training is provided to all new workers.
On the other hand, in a small company, everybody knows everybody.
You are not part of a big crowd as in a big company. If you do some good work, you are applauded for it.
2. Are there many big companies in your country?
Yes, there are. India is a fast developing country.
There are many Indian companies, which are very big such as Tata, Mahindra, Godrej, Reliance, Videocon, Onida and so on.
There are also many multinational giants which have opened branches in India, such as Samsung, LG, Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai and so on.
3. What are the good things about working for a big company?
Same as answer 1
4. How can a small company grow big?
Small companies can do so in many ways. They can work hard, employ skilled workers, focus on quality and employ good marketing strategies.
5. Should big companies donate more to charities?
Yes, they should. I believe that anyone who has enough should help the needy on humanitarian grounds. Many big companies help the NGOs and NPOs.
This is a win-win situation for both. When they get publicity for their charity work, they are getting
advertisement for free.
6. Should big companies be punished more seriously if they break the law?
No, they should not. Law should be the same for all – big as well as small companies.
Usually, big companies have big connections. So, they try to get away with their wrong doings.
This also should not happen. Punishment should be equally serious for all law offenders.
7. Are there any big companies in your hometown?
Yes, there are three big companies in my hometown. There is the JCT mail which is a textile mill. Then there is a Sugar mill and a starch mill.
8. Is it difficult to get a promotion in a large company?
Yes, it is really difficult to get a promotion in a big company.
In a big company you are part of a big crowd and there are many people in the queue to get a promotion.
So it’s very difficult to outdo all of them and get a promotion.
Cue Card sample 129
Cue Card sample 131
Related Cue Cards:
Describe an intelligent person you know IELTS Cue CardJanuary 4, 2021
Describe a time when you changed your opinion IELTS Cue CardDecember 13, 2020
Describe an ambition that you have for long time IELTS Cue CardNovember 25, 2020
Describe a good decision you made recently IELTS cue cardSeptember 24, 2020
Share this Post