85. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe the happiest day you had
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 85 IELTS cue card sample on the series of IELTS cue card 2020 topics with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Day description” topic and asking you to “Describe the happiest day you had.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
This cue card is expected to appear in Makkar cue cards 2020 according to Makkar IELTS guesswork.
Share this Post
Describe the happiest day you had.
You should say:
- – Where you were?
- – Who you were with?
- – What you did?
- – And explain why you think it was the happiest day?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• It is very hard for me think a particular day, which I would consider the happiest.
• Still, I believe two years ago something happened that brought me immense joy and
• It was the day I brought home my dog, Nora.
• I was with my family and we all went to a pet shop together and got her.
• But, before I jump to that day, I would like to share a bit of the background.
• From a very early age, I wanted a dog.
• However, my parents were strictly against it.
• I think their main concern was that I was not ready for the huge responsibility.
• Also, we used to live in a very small house and my dad believed dogs need to have proper space.
• But slowly things started to fall into place.
• Three years ago, we shifted to a bigger house and as I grew up, I started arguing that I am more responsible now.
• However, my dad kept one final condition before we got the dog.
• He wanted me to wake up 6 am for a whole month.
• This was to prove to him, that after we get the dog, I would wake up, feed it and take it for a morning walk.
• I remember it was so hard for me at first, but gradually I did develop this habit.
• Finally, on the 30th day, as I met the condition- my parents took me to a pet shop.
• There were five small puppies available there but my eyes were fixed on cute little Shih Tzu (dog breed).
• She was one of the costlier breeds and I thought my dad would object.
• But he didn’t.
• That day I felt like I had become a father/big brother/mother/big sister for the very first time.
• I don’t think any other day could compare to the emotions I went through on that day and so I consider that day to be my happiest.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe the happiest day you had IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. Do Indian people spend a lot of money on birthday presents?
I don’t think most people do. I mean the parents and siblings do buy expensive presents but not friends.
Birthdays are more about spending quality time with each other in India.
2. What do Indian people do on New Year?
Well, we Indians are very religious so the day itself starts with seeking blessings from the God.
At night, there are new year events at different places and people attend these.
A lot of people also go on vacation for Christmas and New Year due to extended holidays.
3. Do you think we are happier than people in the 19th century?
Despite the comforts of today, I don’t believe we are happier.
Firstly, there is so much stress today because of the increasing competition.
Secondly, I think the excessive choices are making us unhappy.
We are always worried about making the wrong choice.
4. Why childhood is the best time for most people?
I think the main reason is the lack of stress and worries in childhood.
There is feeling of security and happiness and feeling that if face any problem our parents would take care of it.
As we grow older, there is a realization that our problems cannot be solved by our parents and thus it makes us unhappy.
5. Do you think money can bring happiness in life?
I have thought about this question a lot.
I think money does bring happiness, it allows us to buy the food we crave, wear the clothes we like, go on vacations, buy presents for our family and friends and so much more.
But I also think, happiness doesn’t increase the more money we earn.
If that were true, rich people would be the happiest and that is certainly not true.
6. What do you think is important in bringing happiness?
I think there are so many things and money is definitely one of them.
But besides money, I feel it’s about satisfaction in our work and the feeling of importance- I mean the feeling that we matter to our family, our society.
I think that’s the reason why many people chose working in the army over other lucrative professions.
Cue Card sample 84
Cue Card sample 86
Related Cue Cards:
 Describe a uniform you wear at school or companyJanuary 25, 2020
 Describe a situation when you helped someone cue cardJanuary 24, 2020
[2020 cue card] Talk about something you borrowed from a friendJanuary 24, 2020
 Talk about a public facility that improves local life qualityJanuary 24, 2020
Share this Post