201. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a street market in your city
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 201 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Street Market description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a street market in your city“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 201
Describe a street market in your city.
You should say:
- – Where is it?
- – What can you buy there?
- – What is it famous for?
- – How you feet about it?
(It could also be asked in the past tense)
Describe a time when you visited a street market.
You should say:
- – When it was?
- – Where you were?
- – What you bought?
- – How you felt about it?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I believe shopping is a great pastime and people shop at different places like malls and roadside or street markets
• Rich people nowadays prefer to shop in the malls whereas youngsters and economically weaker people shop from markets nearby their home or the street markets
• Today, I would like to talk about a street market which is near my hometown and all kinds of things can be bought here.
• This market is usually open on Sundays
• It is located in our city centre
• Most of the street hawkers and vendors come to sell their products here.
• One can buy anything from clothes, books, utensils, mobile screen guards and everyday use items from this market.
• There are also a lot of street vendors who sell toys for children like bubble maker etc.
• Sometimes one can see few street artists as well who perform stunts in the market.
• There are also a lot of food vendors in this market and one can eat a variety of snacks like burgers, sandwiches, etc
• The street food available in this market is really delicious
• Although sometimes the food may be unhygienic.
• This market is very popular amongst youngsters as they get the latest in fashion at
very nominal rates.
• Most of the items available at this market are of inferior quality but due to their low
price people prefer to buy them.
• I recently bought a second-hand book from this market.
• The name of the book is One Indian Girl.
• It is written by the author Chetan Bhagat.
• The original book is for 300 Rs but I got it for only 100 Rs.
• So I was very happy with the purchase.
• I like to go to this market with my friends
• Next time I will buy some mobile accessories/ jewellery from this market.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a street market in your city”
1. Do you like shopping online or going out for shopping?
I do a mix of both. Sometimes I shop online if I get a good deal. Many sites such as Amazon, Flipkart and Snapdeal have good discounts.
2. What is the difference between shopping with friends and shopping alone?
It’s fun to go shopping with friends. You can discuss things and take each other’s advice. When I go with my parents, they cannot guide me about the clothes, which are in trend.
3. What are the disadvantages of shopping in a big mall?
In big malls, nobody guides you about any product. You have to use your own judgement.
Secondly, you cannot get things on credit, which a small shopkeeper in your town would give you if he knows you.
Another disadvantage is that mostly big malls are outside in the suburbs, and so it is only possible to go by your car.
4. Why do people like to buy branded products?
Brands are popular because they provide quality, good after sale service, and also provide status.
5. In your opinion are big discounts real or just an advertisement?
Big discounts are real in the case of branded products, but in most cases, they are just an eyewash.
Sometimes, outdated or defective pieces are sold by giving big discounts.
Cue Card sample 200
Cue Card sample 202
Related Cue Cards:
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a person in the news you want to meetJanuary 9, 2020
 IELTS Cue Card: Describe an interesting animalJanuary 9, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a person who has apologized to youJanuary 9, 2020
IELTS Cue Card: Describe a goal you achieved, which was set by yourselfJanuary 7, 2020
Share this Post