36. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a product you bought that you were happy with
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 36 IELTS cue card 2019 sample on the series of IELTS cue card with band 9.0 model answers and follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS exam.
This cue card is related to “Product description” topic and asking you to “Describe a product you bought that you were happy with.“ and asking some questions related to this topic.
Share this Post
Describe a product you bought that you were happy with.
You should say:
- – What you bought
- – (when and) where you bought it
- – Why you bought it and explain why you were happy with it.
Band 9.0 Sample Answer 1.
It was last summer that I bought a new yogurt maker and I am very satisfied with it.
This machine is quite small and fits conveniently into my kitchen.
Interestingly, it looks like a cooker with six glasses inside. And the most important thing is that it is very easy to use.
You just have to pour the mixture of ingredients to make yogurt into these glasses, turn the yogurt maker on and leave it for a few hours.
Then, you will have delicious home-made yogurt.
Thanks to the simple instructions, I can make yogurt for my whole family any time I want.
As yogurt is good for our health, eating it daily can make people healthier, it can help to prevent some potentially fatal diseases and boost the human immune system.
Therefore, the members of my family have all adopted the habit of eating yogurt every day.
Owning a yogurt maker helped me to cut down considerably the amount of time that it took to make yogurt, not to mention the higher quality as opposed to the traditional method.
At present, I still make yogurt every day for my family with this machine and I think that this is an indispensable product for preparing an essential part of our regular diet.
USEFUL VOCABULARY & EXPRESSIONS.
Here are some useful vocabulary and expressions you can use to describe a product you bought that you were happy with IELTS cue card 2020.
fits: [verb] is the right shape and size for something.
- Example: This jacket fits me perfectly, but those shoes don’t fit at all.
pour: [verb] to make a liquid flow from a container.
- Example: Pour some milk into my glass, please.
potentially: [adverb] used to say that something may develop into something.
- Example: Smoking will not kill you immediately, but it is potentially harmful for your health.
fatal: [adjective] causing or ending in death.
- Example: Police were called to a fatal accident, in which 3 people were killed.
immune system: [expression] the system in your body that helps it fight against infection and
- Example: A strong immune system is necessary to remain fit and healthy.
adopted the habit: [expression] started to use a particular method of doing something.
- Example: Last month, my friend adopted the habit of running for one hour every day in order to keep fit.
cut down: [phrasal verb] reduce the amount, size or number of something.
- Example: I should cut down my working hours and spend more time just relaxing.
Band 9.0 Sample Answer 2.
Last summer, I bought a Nokia smart phone that I was really satisfied with.
My cell phone was the latest product from Nokia, so there were various useful applications such as video calling, emails, games, music players, and so on.
I intended to use this smart hone to listen to music, make phone calls, send messages and check emails.
I must say that this portable device helps me a lot no matter where I am.
There were numerous reasons why I took an interest in this product.
Firstly, I wanted to use it for entertainment purposes. I could refresh myself after a hard day’s work by enjoying music or watching reality shows on the Internet.
Moreover, thanks to this smart phone, I was ble to keep in touch with my old friends whom I could not meet in person regularly.
Besides, his mobile phone helped me to handle my workload effectively.
For example, I could check mails when waiting for the bus, which saved a lot of time.
As a final point, I would emphasize that I chose the mobile phone myself. That was the main reason why I felt so happy with this product.
Related VOCABULARY & EXPRESSIONS.
Here are another useful group of IELTS vocabulary and expressions you can use to describe a product you bought that you were happy with IELTS cue card 2020.
portable device: [noun] an object that is easy to carry or to move.
- Example: A lot of people on my flight were using portable devices, such as their laptops, during the journey.
took an interest in: [expression] wanted to know more about the product.
- Example: My parents took an interest in my grades at school, because they wanted me to go to university.
entertainment: [noun] for interest and amusement.
- Example: The local newspaper gives news about entertainment, with information on all the
latest films, music, shows and events in our city.
refresh myself: [verb] make myself feel less tired and stressed.
- Example: After work, I usually refresh myself with a shower and a hot drink.
reality shows: [noun] shows that use real people [not actors] in real situations, in order to provide entertainment.
- Example: Reality shows like ‘Big Brother’ are very cheap to make, because there are no actors to pay.
handle my workload: [expression] manage the amount of work that I have to do.
- Example: The company has paid me for some extra hours to handle my increased workload.
Share this Post