198. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a plan in your life that is not related to work or study
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 198 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2021 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Plan description” speaking topic and asking you to “Describe a plan in your life that is not related to work or study“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions from Makkar May-Aug 2021 cue cards guesswork.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card Sample 198
Describe a plan in your life that is not related to work or study.
You should say:
- – What it is about?
- – Why you made this plan?
- – What you need to do first?
- – And explain how you would feel if it is successful?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I plan to do many things besides my work and study
• But the one plan I would like to mention here is of immigrating to Canada.
• For my plan to come true I have to work very hard.
• Canada is inviting immigrants to settle there.
• But they have some pre-requisites.
• First I have to clear IELTS.
• Then I shall consult some immigration agency to study my case and prepare my application.
• I want to do so because Canada is a developed country and I have relatives there.
• When they come to India on holidays, they spend money as if it grows on trees.
• I also want to be able to spend so much without giving it a second thought.
• They tell me that they work very hard over there.
• I am also prepared to work hard.
• I am prepared to do any work to make a living.
• I have seen people work very hard here but still they don’t have enough money.
• So I would like to be a part of the developed world.
• My family would have a better life if I am able to immigrate to Canada.
• I love my country and would definitely like to do something for the needy over here.
• That would only be possible if I earn a lot over there
• I would feel very happy once I have achieved my goal.
Note – You can also talk about a place you would like to visit
The same cue card can be – ‘A goal you want to achieve’
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to 1st cue card:
“Describe a plan in your life that is not related to work or study”
1. Do you think it is important for a person to have a career plan?
Yes, it is very important for a person to have a career plan. A career plan gives a person something to look forward to.
He can then plan his education according to that career plan. Without a plan, any work seems meaningless. So, it is very important to have a plan.
Sometimes, a person may change his plan midway, but all the same without a plan taking any step ahead is impossible.
2. How do most people plan their future education and their future career?
Most people plan their future education and career by talking to their parents, teachers, career counsellors and by consulting some people who are already in the same career.
3. Do you think it’s important to include the factor of one’s salary in a career plan?
Yes, salary is a very important factor in a career plan. It is generally seen that in the early stages of one’s life, money is needed for everything.
One cannot go for a career, which doesn’t pay well in the early stages. Later on in life, one can go for a career, which one loves even if it doesn’t pay well.
4. Do you think planning is important or is it a waste of time?
Planning is very important. It is definitely not a waste of time.
If things are done without planning, then it wastes a lot of time because most of the effort may go in the wrong direction and prove futile.
5. What kinds of personal plans should people make for themselves?
People should make plans about their studies, about their careers, their finances, about their married life, about places they want to visit, and about their retirement.
6. In general, how do people make plans?
People make plans according to their situation, by consulting their elders and also by realizing their own interests and hobbies.
7. For a person with children, what influence does this have on their personal plans for the future?
When a person has children, all his personal plans take a backseat, and the upbringing of the child comes first.
All the personal plans become flexible and revolve around the needs of the family and children. I think this flexibility has a charm of its own.
8. Should parents set goals for children?
Parents are the best people to set goals for the children. They can help their children in setting goals.
They know the temperament of their child and so it is all right if they set goals for them, but at the same time, they should keep in mind the aptitude of the child and set realistic goals for him/her.
9. When do young children start to set goals for themselves?
Children start to set goals for themselves after completing senior secondary when they have to decide which college to join. But these goals are mainly in consultation with their parents.
Once they start earning they start setting goals independently.
Cue Card sample 197
Cue Card sample 199
Related Cue Cards:
 Describe a person who likes to travel by plane cue cardJanuary 19, 2020
 Describe an important building in your hometownJanuary 19, 2020
 Describe an educational trip you went on in your school daysJanuary 19, 2020
Describe a school you went to in your childhood Cue CardJanuary 18, 2020
Share this Post