113. IELTS Cue Card -
Describe a time when you invited someone to have dinner at home
In this article, IELTS Game will add number 113 IELTS cue card sample on the series of 2020 cue cards with band 9.0 model answers and part 3 follow up questions that will help you in your IELTS test preparation.
This cue card is related to “Invitation description” topic and asking you to “Describe a time when you invited someone to have dinner at home or a restaurant.“ and asking IELTS speaking part 3 follow up questions.
Share this Post
IELTS Cue Card 2020 Sample 113
Describe a time when you invited someone to have dinner at home or a restaurant.
You should say:
- – When you invited them?
- – Where you had the dinner?
- – Why you invited them?
- – How you felt about this dinner?
Band 9.0 Sample Answer Ideas.
• I am a very social person and I love to connect with people.
• I also love to try new restaurant or cuisines.
• So, I often go out for dinners or invite people for the same.
• Recently, one of my cousins was visiting us from Canada with his family, so I decided to take them out for dinner.
• I asked them about their preferences for food but they said they would like to go wherever I took them.
• Finally, I decided to take them to Barbeque Nation because one can enjoy multiple cuisines there and the best part is that one can have unlimited food.
• This restaurant is located in the central market of my city and there is always a huge waiting list.
• So, I made a booking in advance with them for 6 people.
• My cousin had never been to this restaurant before.
• When we reached there, he was astonished to see the interiors of the restaurant.
• The restaurant is built on a contemporary theme.
• I then explained them about the unlimited food concept and they got really excited as they were looking forward to trying Indian and Chinese food after a long time.
• At this restaurant a charcoal grill is placed at the table and one can barbeque the starters on it.
• The restaurant has a very unique concept in which there is a flag on the table and until you turn it down, they do not stop the starter service.
• My cousin and his family enjoyed all the delicacies and thanked me for bringing them there.
• There was also a big screen which was running Live Cricket Match from IPL tournament and since we both are fans of Cricket, we enjoyed watching cricket along with really tasty food.
• We also recollected our childhood memories and at the end we felt it was a beautiful evening that we enjoyed.
• I believe people should often have dinner together as it is a good way to spend time and build healthy relationships.
IELTS Speaking part 3 Follow Up Questions.
Here are some follow up questions you may be asked during part 3 IELTS Speaking exam by the IELTS examiner related to describe a time when you invited someone to have dinner at home or a restaurant IELTS Cue Card 2020.
1. Where do people in your country usually eat? At restaurants or at home?
Eating out has become more common than the past, but usually people eat at home.
2. Why do more and more people like to eat at restaurants rather than at home?
People have become very busy in their work. They are earning also a lot. So, they like to eat out as it saves a lot of time.
The restaurants also have improved their quality. Because of a lot of competition, food has become affordable.
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating at restaurants?
The main advantage is that eating out saves time.
Secondly one gets to eat different cuisines which one cannot make at home. Among the disadvantages, the biggest one is cost.
Secondly, to make the food more tasty, restaurants use too much salt and unhealthy fats.
So such food can cause harm if eaten too often.
4. Do you think it is possible that everyone will eat at restaurants instead of at home in the future?
No, I don’t think so. People are becoming more and more health conscious.
Home cooked food will always be more liked. The restaurants which provide very high quality food are also very costly.
So, I don’t think everyone will eat out in the future.
Read also: Download All MakkarIELTS books pdf
Cue Card sample 112
Cue Card sample 114
Share this Post